Toynbee Hall works in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support and Barts Health NHS Trust to provide free welfare benefits advice to people who have a diagnosis of cancer. This service is available to people who live in:
- The London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- The London Borough of Newham
- The London Borough of Hackney
- The Square Mile of The City of London.
- Patients of St Bartholomew's, Newham University and Whipps Cross Hospitals
They can advise on:
- What benefits and tax credits are available and help you to apply for them
- Accessing charitable grants
- Health costs, such as travelling to hosiptal for treatment
- Household and fuel costs
- Applying for transport concessions, such as a disabled parking badge
Their specialist advisers give free, confidential and impartial advice by phone Monday to Thursday, 12:30-3:30pm.