Flu is an unpredictable virus that can cause mild or unpleasant illness in most people. You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you
For more information on who should have the flu vaccine and how to get it, read the sections on the NHS Choices website about the flu jab for adults, the flu jab for pregnant women and the children's flu vaccine.
Boots pharmacies offer the free NHS flu jab in most pharmacies in the City of London. They also offer a private Winter Flu Jab Service for people aged 16 or over at a low cost (currently £12.99). Book appointment at Boots.